Monday, September 12, 2011

Square Peg, Round Whole

You my friend, are a square peg. This world and all it’s pleasures are like a round hole; you will never fit. Why won’t you fit? Because you’re not made to fit. Because you’re not designed to fit. That’s why no matter how hard you try, the friends in this world won’t do it for you. This is especially true if you know that you’re not of this world.
Before I expound, I’ll point out that none of us were made to live “in the world.” Yes, when God originally created and designed the earth, He created it to be a place of peace and rest for us. But now when I speak of and say “the world,” I’m not referring to the earth, I’m referring to those who are ruled by and blinded by their sinful nature. I’m referring to those who have caught a glimpse of the truth and ignored it.
Now that I’ve defined the world, my bigger point was that none of us were created to live in sin. So you shouldn’t think yourself any more than those who haven’t found truth, because they were just as designed by God and are just as loved by God as you are. Despite the fact that they aren’t His children, they were created to be. They were created to love Him and be loved by Him; they were created to love Him, and through His love, to truly love you.
We will never care to witness to this world until we care about this world. The only way to love the world enough to have the courage and strength to share Christ with them is to know Christ more. The more we feel loved by Him, and the more we love Him, the more we will love others. My beliefs are that you shouldn’t share God with some one simply because you’re supposed to, no more than you should like football because all men like football or you should own a car because all adults own a car. You should share God because of the personal experience you’re having with Him. You should share Him with others because you’re love and desire for Him simply overwhelm you. This is called grace. Living by the law is obeying it because you should obey it/doing something because you’re supposed to do it. Grace is greater than the law.
One further point before I finish. The way to witness to the world is not by joining the world. There are plenty of analogies for this so I’m not going to even name one. The point is this. You will naturally become more like those you are around, like those you talk to and look up to. If those people are in the world, you will live as one in the world. You cannot be friends with God and the world. There is no excuse to stay in the world when you know the truth. Yes, this includes “it’s my only friend” and “this is where I feel most accepted” or “but we’ve always been friends.”
Then the argument comes “well the Christians I know aren’t much better.” The solution? Find better Christians. Surround yourself with people who are in and of God. Surround yourself with those who will encourage and love you with the love of the Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment