Saturday, September 10, 2011

In His Likeness


We are made in His image. It seems like I hear it argued or doubted all too often. Those who argue say it simply means we have 3 parts, a mind, soul, and heart. Thos who doubt are, as far as I can tell, ruled simply by disbelief and fear (and perhaps worthlessness as well).
>>>>>>>
This is what I believe. We are made in His image and likeness. I believe we are fearfully and wonderfully made. I believe it completely logical that a God who values us enough to send His Son to suffer and die a brutal and humiliating death also values us enough to make us in His actual physical image. Does that mean we all look the same? No. God was also smart enough and considerate enough to make us each individually special. If He was willing to give us some one as cherished to Him as Jesus, why wouldn't He also want to make us reflect Himself? Why wouldn't He be willing to give us everything else?
>>>>>>>
Before I go on, I should point out that our bodies are made by God. Yes, we refer to it as flesh and our sinful nature and all of the above, but originally, before Adam and Eve sinned, we were created in His likeness. We were perfect, even in our physical attributes and form. I say this because I also think it completely logical that God has a physical form. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit. While they are all in each other (noted by Jesus saying "I am in Him and He in me"), they are all seperate in a unique way as well. The part of the flowy ghostly mistifying spirit is already played by the Holy Spirit, so why would God the Father and God the Son need to only be spirits? Why wouldn't they have physical forms? Just food for thought.
>>>>>>>
In a world of disbelief and doubt, I stive to not be reductionist. I don't care to make less of myself (or more of myself) than I am, and espeically don't care to make less or different of God. It's the same reason the bible isn't God. If God is only the bible, then He is nothing more than words and knowledge on paper. Knowing what I know, I know He is far more than that. God was here before the scriptures were written, and He'll be here for long after they disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment