Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More than Mine


I just listened to the song “Glorious Day” by Casting Crowns. In the songs there’s a line that says “My Savior Jesus is mine.” Besides that fact that it’s so profound, I find something very peculiar about it.
Immediately afterwards I asked God (and myself) “When does Jesus say ‘I am Yours’ to anyone except the Father?” Then He answered me. He never has because it’s deeper than that. We not only belong to God but, if we choose Him and believe in Him, we are IN Him. It’s on a completely different level. An analogy.
A child who sleeps with a teddy bear usually cherishes the teddy bear for comfort, as something to hold and love, and feel safe with. The teddy bear belongs to the child in every way except maybe that he didn’t buy it.
Now, that is not the relationship we have with God, and we ought to be very joyful about that. Our relationship is more this. Say I have kid, and this kid has a kidney disease. I have the same blood type and genetics so I donate my kidney out of love to my own son/daughter. Not only did I help give birth to the child, but I raised him and saved him. See? The connection is much deeper. That is how Christ is with us. He loves us even more than that though. He could not love us anymore than He already does.
Not only did He create us, but He protects us, blesses us, and loves us. Jesus says many times in the scriptures that He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. Also, “If anyone be in Me and my word abide in him, he shall ask anything he wants of the Father and it shall be given to him.” Crazy Love. John 1 says that “in the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and the Word was God…” So, The Word and God are one in the same.
God wants us to be in Him, and He wants to be in us. He stands at the door knocking, and if anyone will answer He will come in and fellowship with him/her. You need not ever feel bad about being blessed, about being safe, or about fulfilling your dream. You are supposed to be blessed! But, the only way God can bless you is if you let Him in and believe in Him. This relationship is even closer than a brother. It’s beyond that, deeper than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment